ROLE OF NCCL CONVENER:
- Chair NCCL Advisory Group (eight constituency Co-Conveners – including six Member Constituency Delegates, two New Physicians Delegates, two AMA-YPS Delegates, New Physician Board member, Member Constituencies Discussion Leader, and Commission on Membership & Member Services Chair)
- Serve as leadership for the member constituencies and communicate actively on the member constituency listservs, promoting NCCL and relevant issues
- Work closely with AAFP staff on all aspects of planning NCCL
- Communicate with AAFP chapters to promote value of NCCL and encourage representation
- Oversee conference business and serve as Chair of NCCL Business Sessions, requiring working knowledge of parliamentary procedure
- Mentor the Convener-Elect
- Appoint Reference and Tellers Committee members
- Moderate and participate in work of NCCL Congress of Delegates representatives (2024-reimbursement available for outgoing Convener only); present pre-recorded greetings to the 2025 Congress of Delegates
- Must meet a constituency definition at the time of the meeting he/she will convene (2025 NCCL will take place April 24-26, 2025 (Date is tentative, pending final contract approval)
- Cannot be a constituency delegate at the 2024 or 2025 Congress of Delegates
- Must have attended the NCCL or Annual Chapter Leader Forum within the past three years and must have previously served as a Co-Convener or Delegate or Alternate Delegate for the Member Constituencies or New Physicians.
- Must attend 2024 NCCL and cannot run for any office at the 2024 or 2025 NCCL
- Official fact sheet (limited to 3 typed pages)
- Curriculum vitae (limited to 2 pages)
- Letter of support from chapter executive, documenting chapter involvement and experience
The 2025 Convener will be elected at the 2024 NCCL. The Commission on Membership and Member Services will determine no more than three candidates to be submitted as the slate for NCCL Convener to the Board Chair for ratification. The Board Chair-approved candidates will present five-minute speeches for the position of Convener to the NCCL body during the Joint Session Caucus on Thursday afternoon in addition to a brief question and answer session. Only NCCL Chapter Delegates will be allowed to cast a ballot in the NCCL Convener election. The candidates will be notified immediately of the election results by the NCCL Convener to facilitate the mentoring process at the current NCCL. A formal announcement of the winner will be held during lunch on Friday.
Close of business on Friday, December 8, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted. Applicants will be notified of selection no later than February 2, 2024
Submit completed applications to: Stacy Wymer, CAE, Director, Governance, AAFP, 11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway, Leawood, KS 66211. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.