The CAFP Foundation is pleased to support the 8th Annual Resident Poster Contest virtually on Sunday, May 30, 2021. The purpose of the poster competition is to promote scholarly activity by family medicine residents and to provide a unique opportunity for residents to share their research with a network of family doctors.
The online application must be submitted by January 31, 2021. An abstract must accompany the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will be notified by March 5, 2021. (See below for full timeline)
- Resident physician at a California Family Medicine Residency Program.
- CAFP/AAFP Member.
- Original Research: summarize the results of a well-defined research project. Include hypotheses, methods, results, and discussion/conclusion. All work should be original.
- Case Report: present a clinical case scenario. Include an introduction, case description, and discussion of patient management.
- The topic must be of value to family medicine and within the scope of family medicine.
- All projects must be completed at the time of application.
- Every program is encouraged to participate - please limit submissions to THREE PER PROGRAM.
- Up to 20 entries will be selected for display on the CAFP website. Of those, the top 10 will be invited to give a 2-minute/2-slide oral presentation. The top 2 posters will be awarded prizes.
- Each abstract will undergo a double-blind review process by family physicians on the Foundation Board of Trustees and other volunteer reviewers.
- Clarity in the research and/or clinical question, study design and discussion/conclusion
- Originality of project or question
- Relevance to family medicine
- Impact on future work
- Potential to improve patient care or resident skills, knowledge and performance
- December 11, 2020 | Application Opens
- January 31, 2021 | Application Closes
- February 5, 2021 | Abstracts and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #1
- February 28, 2021 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- March 5, 2021 | Acceptance decisions go to lead authors (and their program directors)
- March 31, 2021 | Final poster submission deadline (PDF version)
- April 5, 2021 | Final posters and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #2
- April 30, 2021 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- May 7, 2021 | CAFP notifies residents of scoring results
- May 30, 2021 | Virtual presentations of the top 10 posters and displays of the top 20