Program Contact Information
Program Name: Kaiser Permanente San Diego FMRP
Program Director Name: Lance Fuchs, MD
Program Coordinator Name: Lori McElroy
Program Address: 6911 Convoy Court, San Diego, California 92111
Program Phone Number: (858) 573-6400
Total # of Residents: 18
Number of PGY-1 Slots: 6
Program at a Glance
Does your residency program share a hospital with other medical specialties or is it the only one? Unopposed
Program Setting: Suburban
Is your program working in a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model? Yes
Program Emphasis (select all that apply): Adolescent Medicine,Advocacy,Ambulatory Medicine,Behavioral Medicine,Chronic Disease Management,Community Medicine,Geriatrics,Global Health,Headache Management,HIV Care,Inpatient Medicine,Leadership Development,LGBTQ+,Motivational Interviewing,Obstetrics,Pain Management,Procedures,Reproductive Health,Safety Net Medicine,Sports Medicine,Women's Health
Sponsoring Institution: Kaiser Permanente
Special Electives or Rotations (select all that apply): Adolescent Medicine, Advocacy, Ambulatory Medicine, Behavioral Medicine, Chronic Disease Management, Community Medicine,Geriatrics,Global Health,Headache Management,HIV Care,Inpatient Medicine,Leadership Development,LGBTQ+,Motivational Interviewing, Obstetrics, Pain Management, Procedures, Reproductive Health, Safety Net Medicine, Sports Medicine, Women's Health, Centering Pregnancy, Integrative Medicine, Wilderness Medicine, Border Medicine
Which categories best describe your patient demographic? (select all that apply): White,Hispanic, Latino or Spanish Origin,Black or African American,Asian,American Indian or Alaska Native,Middle Eastern or North African,Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander,Other race, ethnicity or origin
CAFP pays for first year resident dues (dependent upon completion of the application). Please indicate if your program pays for second and/or third year CAFP resident membership.
Both PGY-2 and PGY-3 dues
Program Highlights and/or Unique Curriculum Components (i.e. Fellowship Opportunities):
Dreaming of a program in a HIGHLY INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE SYSTEM with state-of-the-art TECHNOLOGY in a brand new "Next Generation" outpatient clinic with extremely SUPPORTIVE faculty? We are an UNOPPOSED program in the heart of SAN DIEGO. Kaiser Permanente is the largest non-profit health organization and a world leader in PREVENTIVE CARE & INNOVATION. We have 19 weeks of elective time, optional tracks (Global Health, Research, Sports Medicine, Behavioral Medicine & Integrative Medicine) and a strong commitment to COMMUNITY MEDICINE and ADVOCACY! We offer a Community Medicine fellowship and recent graduates have successfully matches in Geriatrics, Sports Medicine, Addiction Medicine and Community Medicine FELLOWSHIPS!
We are a large, diverse faculty with 15 Family Medicine faculty plus 1 Behavioral Therapist to 18 residents, all under one roof. That's an incredible resident-to-faculty ratio! In addition, we have numerous, dedicated faculty liaisons in all departments who love to teach our residents!
San Diego is the perfect place for family fun! We have beaches, mountains, San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld, Legoland and more! Many of our residents have spouses, kids and / or pets. We even have an annual Surf Dog competition!
- Our Family Medicine department is one of the largest in the nation with over 240 family medicine physicians! That's ginormous!
- In our organization, Family Medicine physicians are well respected and considered the backbone of our health care system (as it should be).
- We practice in a highly integrated system where physicians from all specialties work in a coordinated fashion to provide the best care possible to our patients. Like a well-oiled machine!
- We care for a diverse patient population, culturally and economically. Did you know that San Diego is one of 6 refugee relocation centers in the US?
- In July 2020, we moved into a brand new Next Generation office building with state-of-the-art technology! Our clinic has a café with coffee on nitro! Not kidding.
- We are located a few miles from the beach, in central San Diego. You can bike, run or surf before clinic (and we really do)!