Program Contact Information
Program at a Glance
Each service has "registrars" - most are Family Medicine Physicians with additional training and experience, whether OB, pediatrics, intensive care or surgery
Our registrar system allows for teaching always through the eyes of a Family Medicine Physician
Simultaneously, the resident gets "expert" knowledge through the eyes of the "specialist"
Faculty is culturally diverse.
- Multicultural patients, including urban, rural, and suburban populations
- Excellence in educational experience
- High level of resident independence and responsibility
- Balance of inpatient and outpatient education, including
- Emergency medicine
- Intensive care
- Certification in ACLS, NALS, ALSO
- Night float system of call
- Average 160 obstetrical deliveries per resident
- Full-range obstetric care, including c-sections
- Surgical and surgical assisting experience
- Mastery of a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient procedures
- Three months electives, including international opportunities.