ACEs Aware hosted a webinar on April 29th – “Building Trauma-Informed Connections via Telehealth During COVID-19.” You can watch the webinar at ACEsAware.org
Pediatrician Dr. Dayna Long and family medicine physician Dr. Erika Roshanravan share the benefits of providing trauma-informed care via telehealth and practices that primary care and behavioral health providers can use to build and strengthen connections to patients and improve their care. Lisa James from Futures Without Violence
shares resources providers can offer to patients who are experiencing domestic violence during shelter-in-place measures.
The webinar covers:
- How telehealth removes barriers to care and offers a window into our patients’ lives.
- The importance of proactively reaching out to patients, particularly vulnerable patients, to offer phone and video visits.
- How to adapt your in-person clinical practices to provide trauma-informed care via telehealth.
- Strategies to safely offer information and support to patients who are experiencing intimate partner violence.
- Simple strategies to offer patients to help manage stress – in the Office of the California Surgeon General Playbooks.
for the next educational webinar on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, noon – 1:00 p.m. – the topic will be announced soon.
The ACEs Aware Team