Covered California Launches “Coverage Matters” Virtual Tour to Highlight Unprecedented Financial Help for 1.1 Million Uninsured Californians – Los Angeles
- The virtual tour will reach into media markets across California to promote open enrollment and the increased financial help that is now available, which is lowering the cost of coverage for more people than ever before.
- An estimated 1.1 million Californians are uninsured and eligible for financial help, including 584,000 in the Los Angeles area, with the vast majority able to get coverage at no cost through either Covered California or Medi-Cal.
- New data from Covered California shows how much protection and peace of mind insurance provides, with the uninsured facing staggering out-of-pocket costs if they visit an emergency room or are admitted into a hospital.
- People who want their coverage to start on Jan. 1, 2022, must sign up by Dec. 31, 2021. Covered California’s open-enrollment period runs through Jan. 31, 2022.
Upcoming Deadline for Jan. 1 Coverage
Covered California’s open-enrollment period runs through Jan. 31, 2022 and those who want their coverage to start on Jan. 1 need to sign up by Dec. 31. Interested consumers can do the following to sign up for coverage:
- Visit CoveredCA.com to learn about their coverage options and enroll online.
- Find a local agent or other certified enroller on the website or have one call them and help them for free.
- Call Covered California at (800) 300-1506 and get information or enroll by phone.
Covered California’s online enrollment portal and certified enrollers will help people find out whether they are eligible for Medi-Cal or Covered California. Medi-Cal enrollment is available year-round, and the coverage will begin the day after a person signs up. In addition, people can apply for Medi-Cal online or by picking up an application at one of the many county resource centers throughout the region.
Find more information and tools that you can use to share with your patients here.