What you need to know:
The AAFP sent letters to members who are due for re-election on December 31, 2022, who still have not reported sufficient CME. The letters reminded members that they need to earn and report their CME by December 31 to maintain AAFP membership. If you received this letter, hours must be earned by December 31, 2022, and reported by March 2, 2023 to report. Let us help!
There are a number of activities that you may not realize count for CME credit:
- Do you precept or teach a medical student, nursing student, or other health professions learner? If so, you can report that activity for 20 Prescribed credits each year for a maximum of 60 Prescribed credits.
- Most life support courses (e.g., ALSO, ACLS, ATLS, BLS, NALS, PALS) count toward Prescribed credit.
- Completing journal quizzes from AFP or FPM is another convenient way to earn Prescribed credit. Credit is awarded on the date of the successful completion of an assessment or quiz.
- ABFM’s COVID-19 Self-Directed Performance in Practice (PIP) activity earns MOC credit and 20 AAFP Prescribed credits. Most family physicians made unprecedented and rapid changes that can be documented for this credit. Go to MyABFM Portfolio for information.
Earn CME Credit today with CAFP:
Visit CAFP’s Homeroom to find courses available 24/7 with AAFP Prescribed credit.
Reminders and tips:
- Visit www.aafp.org/mycme to report CME online
- Scan your CME letters of participation directly into the AAFP mobile app.
- Explore free and member-discounted CME options at www.aafp.org/cme.
- Earn your CME before December 31 for the credits to apply to this cycle.
- To save you time, AAFP also informs the ABFM when you have met its recertification CME requirements.
- Types & Definitions of CME Activities & Credits Members May Earn for AAFP Membership
Please note: Credit for AAFP self-study CME like AFP, FPM, and FP Essentials™ is awarded on the date of the successful completion of an assessment or quiz. The CME for these activities must be earned by December 31 for the credits to apply to the current cycle. Thank you for your continued membership and don’t hesitate to contact AAFP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 274-2237. AAFP staff are happy to help you report your CME and answer any questions you may have.