The CAFP Foundation is pleased to support the 10th Annual Resident Poster Contest at our all-member event, POP! Prism of Practice - Celebrating the Spectrum of Family Medicine. on August 25-27, 2023 in Costa Mesa, CA. The poster competition promotes scholarly activity by family medicine residents and provides an opportunity for residents to share their research with a network of family doctors.
The online application must be submitted by Tuesday, February 28, 2023. An abstract must accompany the application, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resident physician at a California Family Medicine Residency Program
- CAFP/AAFP Member
- Original Research: summarize the results of a well-defined research project. Include hypotheses, methods, results, and discussion/conclusion. All work should be original.
- Case Report: present a clinical case scenario. Include an introduction, case description, and discussion of patient management.
- The topic must be of value to family medicine and within the scope of family medicine.
- All projects must be completed at the time of application.
- Every program is encouraged to participate - please limit submissions to THREE PER PROGRAM.
- Up to 20 entries will be selected for display at the CAFP Clinical Forum. Of those, the top 10 will be invited to give a 2-minute/2-slide oral presentation. The top 2 posters will be awarded prizes.
- Each abstract will undergo a double-blind review process by family physicians on the Foundation Board of Trustees and other volunteer reviewers.
- Clarity in the research and/or clinical question, study design and discussion/conclusion
- Originality of project or question
- Relevance to family medicine
- Impact on future work
- Potential to improve patient care or resident skills, knowledge and performance
- January 15 | Application Opens
- February 28 | Application Closes
- March 3 | Abstracts and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #1
- March 24 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- March 31 | Acceptance decisions go to lead authors (and their program directors)
- May 1 | Final poster submission deadline (PDF version)
- May 5 | Final posters and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #2
- May 30 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- June 2 | CAFP notifies residents of scoring results
- August 7| Posters go to print
- August 26 | Stage presentations of the top 10 posters and displays of the top 20
- August 26 | Awards given to the top two poster presenters