The Shelly Rodrigues Chief Resident Leadership Workshop is a skills-based workshop for California family medicine residents transitioning into their new roles as clinical leaders. Sessions are designed to be interactive and will offer incoming chiefs a learning environment for developing interpersonal communication, improving group dynamics and advancing the educational mission of their programs.
This workshop is divided into two-parts:
1. Part 1 (Virtual, Recorded): Saturday, June 11, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
2. Part 2 (In-person, Not Recorded): Saturday, August 27, 2022 (in conjunction with the Family Medicine Summit at the Renaissance LAX).
• Understanding the Family Medicine Landscape in California
• Navigating Difficult Conversations During Chief Residency
• Transiting into Your New Role as Chief Resident
• Recognizing Burnout and How to Mitigate It as a Chief Resident
• Managing Up and Across: What Every Chief Resident Should Know
• Managing Effective Clinical Teams as a Chief Resident
• Learning Your Leadership Style as a Chief Resident
• Sharing Ideas and Innovations