2018 Resident Poster Contest
The CAFP Foundation is pleased to support the 5th Annual Resident Poster Contest at the Family Medicine Clinical Forum on April 13-15, 2018 in Monterey, CA. The Forum brings together family physicians from across the state for three days of continuing education sessions. The purpose of the poster competition is to promote scholarly activity by family medicine residents and to provide a unique opportunity for residents to share their research with a network of family doctors.
The online application must be submitted by January 20, 2018. An abstract must accompany the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will be notified by February 7, 2018.
- Resident at a California Family Medicine Residency Program.
- CAFP/AAFP Member.
- Willing to pay costs associated with attending the Forum. CAFP covers the registration fees.
- The topic must be of value to family medicine and within the scope of family medicine.
- All projects must be completed at the time of application.
- Every program is encouraged to participate - please limit submissions to THREE PER PROGRAM.
- Accepted entries will be invited to display their posters at the Forum on April 14, 2018 and must be present at their display during select hours.
- Up to 20 entries will be selected for display at the Forum. Of those, the top 10 will be invited to give a two-minute/two-slide oral presentation. The top two posters will be awarded prizes.
- Each abstract will undergo a double-blind review process by family physicians on the Foundation Board of Trustees and other volunteer reviewers. Residents whose submissions have been accepted will be notified by February 7, 2018. Accepted entries must then submit PDF versions of their posters by February 28, 2018. CAFP will print and provide the posters for on-site presentation.
- Clarity in the research and/or clinical question, study design and discussion/conclusion
- Originality of project or question
- Relevance to family medicine
- Impact on future work
- Potential to improve patient care or resident skills, knowledge and performance
- January 20, 2018 | Abstract submission deadline
- January 23, 2018 | Abstracts and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #1
- February 6, 2018 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- February 7, 2018 | Acceptance decisions go out to lead authors (and their program directors)
- February 28, 2018 | Final poster submission deadline (PDF version)
- March 2, 2018 | Final posters and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #2
- March 15, 2018 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- March 16, 2018 | CAFP notifies residents of scoring results
- April 14, 2018 | Presentations of the top 10 posters
- April 15, 2018 | Awards given to the top two poster presenters