2019 Resident Poster Contest
The CAFP Foundation is pleased to support the 6th Annual Resident Poster Contest at the Family Medicine Clinical Forum on March 29-31, 2019 in Monterey, CA. The Forum brings together family physicians from across the state for three days of continuing education sessions. The purpose of the poster competition is to promote scholarly activity by family medicine residents and to provide a unique opportunity for residents to share their research with a network of family doctors.
The online application must be submitted by December 23, 2018. An abstract must accompany the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resident at a California Family Medicine Residency Program.
- CAFP/AAFP Member.
- Willing to pay costs associated with attending the Forum. CAFP covers the registration fees.
- The topic must be of value to and within the scope of family medicine.
- All projects must be completed at the time of application.
- Every program is encouraged to participate - please limit submissions to THREE PER PROGRAM.
- Accepted entries will be invited to display their posters at the Forum and must be present at their display during select hours.
- Up to 20 entries will be selected for display at the Forum. Of those, the top 10 (5 research, 5 case) will be invited to give a two-minute/two-slide oral presentation. The top two posters from each category will be awarded prizes.
- Each abstract will undergo a double-blind review process by family physicians on the Foundation Board of Trustees and other volunteer reviewers. Residents whose submissions have been accepted will be notified in February. Accepted entries must then submit PDF versions of their posters. CAFP will print and provide the posters for on-site presentation.
- Clarity in the research and/or clinical question, study design, and discussion/conclusion.
- Originality of project or question.
- Relevance to family medicine.
- Impact on future work.
- Potential to improve patient care or resident skills, knowledge, and performance.
- December 23, 2018 | Abstract submission deadline
- January 11, 2018 | Abstracts and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #1
- January 25, 2019 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- January 26, 2018 | Acceptance decisions go out to lead authors (and their program directors)
- February 8, 2019 | Final poster submission deadline (PDF version)
- February 10, 2019 | Final posters and scoring sheets sent to reviewers for blind review #2
- February 22, 2018 | Reviewers’ score sheets due back to CAFP
- February 23, 2018 | CAFP notifies residents of scoring results
- March 29, 2018 | Presentations of the top 10 posters
- March 30, 2018 | Awards given to the top two poster presenters