Position title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Deputy EVP
Location: San Francisco
The California Academy of Family Physicians (CAFP) and CAFP-Foundation are looking for an energetic self-starter who enjoys interacting with people to join our small mission-driven organization. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for helping coordinate administrative activities and serving as CAFP and CAFP-Foundation’s frontline contact with members, callers and visitors. This is a service position that requires an individual who enjoys contact with the public and the Academy’s The position requires someone who is flexible, a self-starter, detail-oriented and who can work independently.
California Academy of Family Physicians (CAFP) is a nonprofit membership association with more than 10,000 family physician members across the state. The CAFP mission is to empower, educate and connect current and future family physicians to improve the health of all Californians through advocacy, practice support, and educational programs. The CAFP Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the CAFP and works to advance the delivery of accessible, compassionate and comprehensive health care to all Californians.
CAFP and CAFP Foundation respect and promote diverse staff perspectives and experience, and support professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative support to CAFP Chief Executive Officer, Deputy Executive Vice President and Director of CME/CPD, including assistance with data entry, file management and maintenance, correspondence, expense reimbursements, faculty contracts, photocopying, coordination of CME placements and activities, specific projects and mailings as needed.
- Provide administrative support for CAFP Foundation programs, including the California Residency Network, student and resident councils, residency programs, Family Medicine Interest Groups, Student and Residency Summit, student and residency scholarship programs, and other activities as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the CAFP Political Action Committee (PAC) including managing donor data, giving campaigns and thank you projects.
- Serve as our frontline contact for members and the public.
- Share responsibility for answering CAFP telephone, providing information/assistance, and routing callers to appropriate staff members.
- Help monitor faxes received by CAFP and to direct them to appropriate staff.
- Sort and distribute CAFP mail.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least five years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products (Word and Excel) and Google products. Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
- Excellent customer service/relations skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with strategic objectives with limited supervision.
- Strong initiative, sound decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work with others in a team setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to the mission of the California Academy of Family Physicians and CAFP Foundation.
How to Apply
Candidates that meet the requested requirements should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.